22 July, 2020
Pav bhaji – famous recipe of MumbaiPosted in : Veg/Non Veg on by : Simmi Iyer
- 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp butter
- 3 to mato, finely chopped
- ¼ cup peas / matar
- ½ capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 potato, boiled & mashed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp + ¼ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- 1 tsp + ½ tsp pav bhaji masala
- 1 tsp + 1 tsp kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chop ped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ lemon juice
- 3 drops red food colour, optional
- water to adjust consistency
TO TOAST PAV:
- 8 pav / bread roll
- 4 tsp butter
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp pav bhaji masala ( u can buy this from the store)
- 4 tsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- firstly, in a large kadai heat 1 tbsp butter and add vegetables. cook and mash well.
- now add 1 tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp pav bhaji masala, 1 tsp kasuri methi and 2 tbsp coriander leaves.
- heat a tbsp of butter and add ¼ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp pav bhaji masala, 1 tsp kasuri methi.
- also add 1 tbsp coriander leaves, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 onion and ½ lemon juice. saute well.
- now add 3 drops of red food colour and mix well.
- boil and mash for 5 minutes adjusting consistency.
- finally, serve pav and bhaji as pav bhaji.
Did you try this recipe?????