29 July, 2020
Ladakhi Chicken Thukpa
Thukpa is a traditional noodle soup from Tibet. and a popular dish along the region of Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh. Perfect for a cold-winter evening, Thukpa is made with mixing vegetables/chicken which makes it a good whole meal with nutrients. Quick and easy to make at home, Thukpa is an amazing option to cook for a light and fuss free meal.
- 2 Chicken legs
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 5 Ginger
- 7 Spring onions
- 3 Green chilies
- Coriander leaves
- 4-5 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 Lemon
- 200 ml water
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Handful of egg noodles
How to Make Ladakhi Chicken Thukpa
- 1.De-join the 2 chicken legs.
- 2.Julienne 5 gm ginger. Chop 5-6 spring onions and halve 3 green chilies. Finely chop 4-5 garlic cloves.
- 3.Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil and shallow fry the chicken till it turns light brown.
- 4.Now add chopped onion, and sliced carrot to the chicken.
- 5.Then add ginger, garlic, spring onions and green chilies.
- 6.Sprinkle salt, pepper and some fresh coriander leaves and saute.
- 7.Add 200 ml of water and let it simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- 8.Squeeze in 1/2 lemon.
- 9.Add 1 tsp of soya sauce and 1 tsp of honey.
- 10.Stir the broth gently and cover it.
- 11.Let it simmer away for 10 minutes.
- 12.Remove the chicken from the broth and shred it.
- 13.Add handful of egg noodles in the broth and cook for 5 minutes.
- 14.Now add the shredded chicken back in the broth and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 15.Garnish with some spring onions, green chili and fresh coriander.