Eggs are just the perfect ingredient to make a quick meal, a breakfast, lunch, brunch or even an exquisite dinner party dish. Eggs are versatile to make just about anything. This recipe of egg bhurji is a personal favorite among all the eggetarians since these scrambled eggs are easy and quick to make.
Ingredients Of Egg Bhurji – Mumbai Style
- 4 eggs
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Green chilies or as per taste
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 2 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or ghee
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- As per taste pav bhaji masala
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- As per taste salt
- 2 tbsp butter (optional)
How to Make Egg Bhurji – Mumbai Style
- 1.In a large bowl, whisk the eggs using a spoon and keep aside.
- 2.Take a pan, add oil or ghee and heat. Now add jeera, onions, hing, green chillies, curry leaves, capsicum and ginger. Saute for 3-4 minutes..
- 3.Add tomatoes and few coriander leaves. Saute for 2 minutes.
- 4.Add 1 Tbsp butter, pav bhaji masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt as per taste. Mix well.
- 5.Lastly, pour in the slightly beaten eggs and keep whisking until cooked.
- 6.Top it up with butter. Garnish with the remaining coriander leaves.
- 7.Serve hot with buttered pav.
Since eggs are versatile to make a variety of dishes, we have got you the best of egg recipes that am gonna give in the upcoming posts