Made using fresh yogurt and simple flavorings, Punjabi Lassi is a traditional Indian drink. It is very refreshing and has cooling properties. It is a popular summer drink in India.
It has various health benefits. Since it is made from yogurt it contains healthy bacteria called lactobacilli which lubricates the intestine and aids smooth digestion.
It prevents stomach related problems like bloating and is also a good source of probiotics.
Since it is rich in calcium it is an excellent way to make your bones stronger.
Moreover, it also helps in boosting the immune system as it contains lactic acid and vitamin D.
- 400 g Plain Yogurt (Chilled)
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 10-12 Tulsi Leaves
- Whisk the yogurt using wire whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Roughly chop tulsi leaves and add them in the lassi and mix well.
- Pour the lassi in serving glasses.
- Add ice cubes and give it a stir
- Top with fresh malai (Optional)
- Garnish with slivered almonds, pistachio and dry rose petals (Optional)
- Serve chilled.