We usually tend to eat parathas for morning breakfast or sometimes for lunch with curd, pickles etc
Parathas tend to vary hence we can make variety of parathas- aloo parathas, onion parathas, carrot or spring parathas etc
One such is cabbage parathas, it can be easily be carried in lunch boxes, kids too love it and yes healthy too, goodness of ghee/ clarified butter, and touch of your mothers LOVE
How to make it?
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- ¼ tsp ajwain
- 3 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 2½ cup wheat flour / atta
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- water for kneading
- firstly, to prepare stuffing heat 2 tsp oil and saute ½ tsp coriander seeds and ¼ tsp ajwain until they turn aromatic.
- now add 3 cup cabbage and saute for 2 minutes.
- add ½ tsp ginger paste, ½ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp cumin powder, ¼ tsp garam masala, ½ tsp aamchur and ½ tsp salt.
- stir fry until cabbage is cooked well.
- now add 2 tbsp coriander and mix well. stuffing is ready.
- to prepare the dough, in a large bowl take 2½ cup wheat flour, ½ tsp salt and 2 tbsp oil. mix well.
- now add 1 cup water and knead a dough.
- knead to a smooth and soft dough adding water as required.
- now grease 1 tsp oil, cover and rest for 20 minutes.
- firstly, pinch a ball sized wheat dough and dust with some wheat flour.
- further, roll it in a circle of about 5 to 5.5 inches in diameter.
- place a ball sized prepared cabbage stuffing in the centre.
- take the edge and start pleating bringing to the centre.
- also, join the pleats together and secure tight pinching off excess dough.
- sprinkle some wheat flour and roll slightly thick.
- on a hot tawa place the rolled paratha and cook for a minute.
- furthermore, flip the paratha when the base is partly cooked (after a minute).
- also, brush oil / ghee and press slightly. flip again once or twice till both the sides are cooked properly.
- finally, serve hot cabbage paratha with sauce, raita or pickle.