4 August, 2020
Curd RicePosted in : Veg/Non Veg on by : Simmi Iyer
Curd Rice is a delicious easy south Indian rice recipe where cooked rice is mixed with curd and tempering is done to it. Also known as Thayir Sadam, Yogurt Rice or Daddojanam, it is a fabulous recipe to use leftover rice. It is a full meal in itself and can be had at any time of the day. Here is how to make it at home.
- 1/2 cup Short Grain Rice
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Carrot (Grated)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 10-12 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Ginger (Grated)
- 1 Dry Red Chilli (Broken)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Coriander (Chopped)
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate Seeds
- Wash the rice and cook with 1 and 1/2 cup of water until cooked. Rice should be mushy.
- Bring the rice to room temperature.
- Add curd, milk, carrot and salt and mix well.
- Slightly mash the rice using using your hands.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and curry leaves and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Add urad dal, ginger and dry red chillies and fry until dal turns slightly brown.
- Pour the tempering over curd rice and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve chilled.