6 August, 2020
Moru CurryPosted in : Veg/Non Veg on by : Simmi Iyer
A Kerala style moru curry bursting with Southern flavors. A gravy dish laden with coconut, yogurt, mustard seeds, onions, garlic and ginger. This dish is a must try for all vegetarians!
Ingredients Of Moru Curry
- 1 Tbsp yoghurt
- 1 cup coconut paste
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Pinch of mustard seeds
- 1 Tbsp onion-chopped
- 2 whole red chillies-broken
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- Handful of curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek powder-optional
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
How to Make Moru Curry
- 1. Mix coconut, yoghurt and green chillies in a blender.
- 2. Then, add one cup of water, turmeric and salt.
- 3. Bring this mixture to a boil and remove it from heat.
- 4. In a pan, heat the oil.
- 5. Add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds to the oil.
- 6. Then, put in the chopped onion, red chillies, garlic, ginger and the curry leaves.
- 7.Now, just add this to the paste.
- 8. If you want, you can add vegetables like yam but make sure that the vegetables are cooked before you put them in.