Mizoram Style Arsa Beipenek Recipe is a traditional recipe from the tribal region of Mizoram. The chicken is cooked in its own stock and then thickened with wheat flour mixture. The specialty of this dish in Mizoram is that they use “Bakor” also known as spirited weed in dish which is specialty in those hilly terrain which has certain n medicinal values to cure illness.
- 500 grams Chicken , with bone
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 10 Dry Red Chilli
- 1 inch Ginger , chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 tablespoon Whole Wheat Flour
- Salt , to taste
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
- Mustard oil , cooking
How to make Mizoram Style
- To begin making the Mizoram Style Arsa Beipenek Recipe, wash the chicken pieces thoroughly with water.
- Marinate the chicken with chopped onions, ginger, garlic, turmeric powder and little bit of salt. Leave the chicken for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a kadai with oil and add the marinated chicken into the hot oil. Fry them for at least 25 minutes.
- Add about 1 1/2 cup of water, salt, dry red chilies and cook the chicken in the pan for about 20 more minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix flour and water to form a thick paste and keep it ready, once the chicken is cooked you can add the wheat flour mixture and start stirring till it thickens
- Once the gravy thickens, check for salt and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve the Mizoram Style Arsa Beipenek along with steamed rice or tava paratha to enjoy your Sunday meal.