9 August, 2020
Bisi Bele BaatPosted in : Veg/Non Veg on by : Simmi Iyer
Ingredients Of Bisi Bele Bhaat
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/4 cup toor dal
- 1 1/2 chopped vegetables
- 4 Tbsp chana dal
- 2 Tbsp urad dal
- 2 tsp jeera
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 red chillies
- 1 tsp couscous
- 2 Tbsp grated coconut
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp jaggery
- 1 tamarind
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
How to Make Bisi Bele Bhaat
- 1.Cook the rice and toor dal and keep it aside.
- 2.Soak the tamarind in hot water and extract the tamarind water.
- 3.Boil the vegetables.
- 4.In a pan heat oil and add chana dal, urad dal, jeera, fenugreek, pepper, red chilli. Fry until dal turns light brown.
- 5.Fry couscous and curry leaves. Grind the fried ingredients with coconut.
- 6.Boil the tamarind water for 1 to 2 minutes. Add turmeric powder, salt and jaggery to it.
- 7.Add vegetables and allow it to boil for 5 to 6 minutes.
- 8.Add the grounded mixture. Let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 9.Add toor dal followed by rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- 10.Heat oil in a pan and fry groundnut, channa dal, urad dal and mustard.
- 11.Add the fired ingredients to the bisi belebath.
- 12.Garnish with boondhi and coriander leaves. Serve hot.