Cabbage is a versatile vegetable popular across the globe. Cabbage can be eaten raw or cooked. It is made into salads, pickles, curries, snacks and side dishes. In India we have many recipes of cabbage which transforms the humble cabbage into appetizing dishes.
Cabbage is available throughout the year and that is good news because cabbage is a very healthy vegetable and should be incorporated in your diet regularly. Half a cup of cabbage contains almost 50 percent of your daily dose of vitamin C. Also it has cancer fighting compounds and its great for curing stomach ulcers. It is also loaded with fiber to keep your bowel system healthy. Low in carbs it is a perfect vegetable to be added in your diet if you are watching your weight.
Cabbage & Peas Sabzi Recipe is a tossed dry vegetable side dish made to relish along with phulka or steam rice. It is quick and easy to prepare and is the best way to consume when you have these things at your kitchen. It is healthy as well as tasty too. Cabbage is a good source of Vitamin K, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6. Cabbage is also acts as a protection from radiation therapy which is very crucial for Cancer treatments.
- 3 cups Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Green peas (Matar)
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta) , roughly torn
- 1 sprig Curry leaves , roughly torn
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt , to taste
- Sunflower Oil , for cooking
How to make ?
- To begin making the Patta Gobi Matar Nu Shaak, first prep all the ingredients and keep them ready. Add the chopped cabbage and the green peas into the pressure cooker, sprinkle some salt and 3 tablespoons water.
- Pressure cooker for just two whistles and turn off the heat. Release the pressure immediately so the peas remain green and the vegetables don’t get overcooked.
- Keep this aside. In a heavy bottomed pan, add the mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. Add the bay leaf, curry leaves and tomatoes.
- Saute one medium heat until the tomatoes are lightly softeted. Add the remaining spice ingredients and give it a stir.
- Add the cooked cabbage and peas, and saute until well combined. Cover and allow it to cook for a couple of minutes till all the flavors are absorbed by the Patta Gobi.
- Once done, turn off the heat and serve warm.
- Serve the Patta Gobi Matar Ki Sabzi along with Khatta Mag and Phulkas for a wholesome meal.