9 August, 2020
Punjabi Kadhi PakoraPosted in : Veg/Non Veg on by : Simmi Iyer
It was very late and I had not cooked . We had been out and I made my family not eat outside as I told them I would cook at home.
Post reaching home I had no option but to see the availability of things in the fridge and kitchen and serve them without any further delay. Needless to say, sometimes you are dead tired dunno actually what to cook as you go sometimes blank. Finally I decided I would make this simple Punjabi Kadhi Pakora along with steam rice
Sharing the recipe with you all…
- 1 cup Gram flour (besan)
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 Potato (Aloo) , grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cooking soda
- Salt , to taste
- Water , to combine the ingredients
- Sunflower Oil , for deep frying
- 500 gram curd, whisked
- 3 tablespoon Gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 Green Chillies , chopped
- 1/2 inch Ginger , peeled and grated
- 2 cups Water
- Salt , to taste
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 5 Curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 4 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
How to make Punjabi Kadhi Pakora Recipe – Delicious Punjabi Kadhi
- To begin making the Punjabi Kadhi Pakoras lets begin to make pakora mixture in a bowl by combining all the ingredients of pakora together except water. Add a little water at a time to the dry ingredients and mix well until all the ingredients come together to make a thick batter.
- Heat a Kuzhi paniyaram Pan, drizzle some oil in each cavities. Once the oil is heated, take a small portion of batter in spoon or finger and drop them into each cavities.
- Fry the pakoras on medium heat until pakoras turn golden brown from outside. Flip it on the other side as well. Once done transfer to a plate lined with a paper napkin. Set the pakoras aside while you prepare Kadhi.
- To prepare Kadhi, whisk the yogurt along with the gram flour until well combined. Add 2 cups of water and whisk again. Whisk thoroughly to ensure there are no lumps. Add in the spices, salt, chopped green chili, grated ginger to this gram flour mixture. Stir once again to combine the ingredients.
- Pour the kadhi mixture in a heavy bottomed saucepan and heat it over medium heat. Once punjabi Kadhi starts simmering stir to avoid lump formation.
- Once it has begun to boil, turn the heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Now add fried pakoras to it and simmer the punjabi kadhi pakora further for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- For tempering the punjabi kadhi pakora, add a tablespoon of ghee into a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the mustard seeds, once seeds crackle add the curry leaves, red chilies and fry for 1 minute until roasted. Now add asafoetida, red chili powder and stir to combine. Turn off the heat.
- Pour this seasoning over the Punjabi Kadhi Pakora. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
- You must try this,delicious Punjabi Kadhi Pakora,Creamy Yogurt Kadhi that is simmered in Potato Pakora and given a delicious ghee tadka. Serve the Punjabi Kadhi Pakora Recipe along with Phulka Recipe (Roti/Chapati), Carrot Cucumber Tomato Salad and Kaddu Simla Mirch Sabzi.