12 August, 2020
Paneer butter Masala – Punjabi StylePosted in : Veg/Non Veg on by : Simmi Iyer
Paneer Butter Masala is essentially one of the simplest yet satiating Indian accompaniments made using dollops of fresh cream, paneer, and spices. This paneer recipe can be easily made at home and the result is quite rewarding.
Out of all the Paneer Recipes, this Paneer sabji is our favorite at home and the best part is that it is super easy to make as well. Here is how to make it at home.
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 to 3 Cloves
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 2 to 3 Green Cardamom
- 1/4 cup Onion (Chopped)
- 1 cup Tomato (Chopped)
- 1 inch Ginger (Chopped)
- 5 to 6 Garlic cloves (Chopped)
- 2 Green chilli
- 20 to 25 Cashew Nuts
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 cup Tomato Puree
- 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- Salt to taste
- 400 grams Paneer (Cut into cubes)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cream
- 1 tsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Kasuri Methi
- Heat 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Once the butter is hot, add cloves, black cardamom and green cardamom.
- Fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato, ginger, garlic and green chilli and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add cashew nuts and cook for another minute.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the mixture cool.
- Grind the onion tomato mixture in a grinder to make a smooth paste.
- Heat the remaining 3 tbsp butter in the same pan.
- Add the ground masala in the pan.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, tomato puree, tomato ketchup and salt.
- Now add 1/2 cup of water and cook for 2-3 minutes until oil starts to separate on the sides.
- Add paneer cubes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add more water if required.
- Now add garam masala powder, fresh cream, honey and kasuri methi.
- Cook for another minute.
- Garnish with fresh cream.
- Serve hot with Naan or Laccha Paratha.