14 August, 2020
Hashbrown BurgerPosted in : Veg/Non Veg on by : Simmi Iyer
Potatoes, peeled and grated, 2-3
All-purpose flour,1 cup
Cheddar cheese, grated, 1 cup
Red paprika, 1 teaspoon
Salt, as per taste
Black pepper, crushed, 1 teaspoon
Cornflour, 1 tablespoon
Fresh coriander, 1 cup
Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
Wholewheat burger buns
Lettuce, any kind, 4-5 leaves
Tomatoes, Sliced, 1 big
Onions, Sliced,1 big
Cheese slices, 1-2
Veg Mayonaise, 1 tablespoon
Cucumber, ribboned, 1/2
- Grate Potatoes and put in cold water. Let them sit for 2-3 mins. Extract all water from potatoes with the help of cheesecloth.
- Take squeezed potatoes in a bowl. Add flour, cheese, paprika, salt, black pepper, cornflour, and fresh coriander. Mix everything. The texture will be binding.
- Take a handful of the mixture and shape them into a patty.
- Heat oil in a pan, shallow fry hashbrown patties by flipping it several times till it gets golden brown.
- Hashbrown Patty is ready. The mixture will make 3-4 Patties.
- Cut Burger buns into half. Toast them in the same pan in which you prepared the patty. Don’t use oil.
- Now assemble the burger by adding Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Hashbrown patty, Veg mayo, Cheese slices and cucumber ribbons.
- Your Hush Hush Hashbrown Burger is Ready.
- Serve it with french fries, coleslaw, or wafers.