16 August, 2020
Sweet potato, peanut butter & chilli quesadillas
Posted in : Snacks/Breakfast on by : Simmi Iyer
- 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 extra large ripe avocado
- ½ lime, zested and juiced, plus wedges to serve
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 4 small flour tortillas
- sriracha chilli sauce, to taste
- ½ small pack coriander, torn
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the sweet potatoes with the paprika and 2 tbsp olive oil in a roasting tin. Roast for 15 mins, tossing halfway through, until the potatoes are beginning to crisp.
- Stone, peel and chop the avocado, tip into a bowl with the lime juice and zest, and season generously. Mash together with a fork and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter and remaining olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan over a medium heat until very hot. Brush each tortilla on one side with the remaining oil. Place one tortilla, oiled-side down, in the pan and spread over half the peanut butter mixture, half the sweet potatoes, a little chilli sauce and half the coriander. Top with another tortilla, oiled-side up. Press down with a heavy saucepan and cook for 2-3 mins each side until the quesadilla is crisp outside and warm in the middle. Repeat to make a second quesadilla, then cut each into quarters and serve with the crushed avocado and lime wedges.