Sattu is a protein-rich flour made from powdered channa (Bengal gram) or other pulses and cereals. It is quite popular in the northern parts of India such as Jharkhand, Bihar, and UP. Recently, I was pleased to know that it is even liked in Pakistan.
This Bihari ingredient is used for making varied dishes such as Litti Chokha , Paratha, Chilla, Laddu, et al. You can even make cookies using this flour. But, the best way of relishing it this summer is by making this nutritious Sattu Sharbat and drink it every day. This sharbat can be made sweet and savory.
- 1/4 cup Chana sattu
- 4 cups Chilled water
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- 2 tsp Mint leaves (Chopped)
- Black salt to taste
- 1 Green chilli (Chopped)
- 2 tsp Raw Mango (Grated)
- Add all the ingredients in a jug and mix well.
- Serve in glasses along with some ice cubes.
- Garnish with more mint leaves.