20 August, 2020
ShrikhandPosted in : Sweet/Dessert on by : Simmi Iyer
Shrikhand Sweet is quite popular in Gujarat and Maharashtra as a dessert or a side dish that is savored with joy along with Puri. It is a part of thali meals and weddings.
- 15-20 strands Saffron
- 2 tbsp Milk (Warm)
- 3 cups Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- Dry fruit slivers for garnishing
- Soak saffron in milk for 3-4 hours.
- Hang yogurt in a muslin cloth for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the thick yogurt from the cloth in a bowl.
- This thick yogurt is called chakka.
- Add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and saffron milk in the chakka and mix well.
- Transfer the srikhand in the serving bowls.
- Garnish with slivered dry fruits.
- Chill in the refrigerator before serving.
- Serve with puri or as such.