A casserole dish of seasonal vegetables that is so easy to prepare. It can be made a day ahead – just reheat before serving. Lemon juice can be substituted for balsamic vinegar, and you can use baking potatoes
- 1 small butternut squash, cubed
- 2 medium (blank)s red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium (blank)s Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1…Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- Step 2…In a large bowl, combine the squash, red bell peppers, sweet potato, and potatoes. Separate the red onion quarters into pieces, and add them to the mixture.
- Step 3…In a small bowl, stir together thyme, rosemary, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss with vegetables until they are coated. Spread evenly on a large roasting pan.
- Step 4…Roast for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through and browned.