Skip to content
- onion 1, chopped
- garlic 1 clove, peeled
- ginger thumb-sized piece, peeled and chopped
- red chilli 1, diced
- groundnut oil
- turmeric 1/2 tsp
- ground coriander 1 tsp
- ground cumin 1 tsp
- garam masala 1 tsp
- butternut squash 400g, peeled and diced
- chickpeas 400g tin, rinsed and drained
- half-fat coconut milk or alpro coconut milk alternative 400ml
- vegetable stock 200ml
- baby spinach 150g
- lime 1, plus wedges to serve
- STEP 1.Put the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli into a small food processor and blend to a paste.
- STEP 2.Heat 1 tsp oil in a large pan and fry the paste for a few minutes with a pinch of salt, then add the spices, and fry for another minute before adding the squash and chickpeas.
- STEP 3.Mix with the spices, then add the coconut milk and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes until the squash softens and the sauce thickens.
- STEP 4.Stir in the spinach until wilted, and squeeze in the lime juice to serve.