26 August, 2020
Roasted Cauliflower with PomegranatePosted in : Veg/Non Veg on by : Simmi Iyer
As soon as winter hits, many cooks abandon salads and head straight for warm and hearty stews. We recommend to keep on making salads, but just change your tactics. Instead of crisp, chilled lettuce and cucumber, use warm, roasted veggies for the perfect cold weather side dish!
Cauliflower florets quickly become crisp, tender and lightly charred in a hot oven. Fresh pomegranate seeds add refreshing tartness and a snappy texture, while red onion adds a nice spicy bite. Pistachios lend a crunchy nuttiness, and fresh parsley and lemon keep things light and salad-like. Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean your dishes can’t taste fresh and bright
- 2 heads cauliflower (cut into medium florets)
- 2 tablespoons canola or any oil of your choice
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 medium red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/3 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 2 heaping tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons roasted pistachios (shelled)
Steps to Make It
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- On a large baking sheet, toss the cauliflower florets with the oil, turmeric, and cumin. Spread out into a single layer and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 20 minutes, tossing once, or until cauliflower is crisp-tender and browned in places.
- Meanwhile, place the red onion in a small bowl and cover in cool water. Let sit for 20 minutes and drain completely.
- Toss the hot cauliflower with the lemon juice and honey. Let cool for a few minutes until no longer hot.
- Add the roasted cauliflower to a large bowl. Top with the drained red onion, pomegranate seeds, parsley, and pistachios
- Serve at room temperature.