27 August, 2020
Dahi PuriPosted in : Snacks/Breakfast on by : Simmi Iyer
This amazing chaat has many names and you will know of it as you see it. Call it Dahi Wale Gol Gappe, Dahi Puri or Dahi Patasha, this is a delicacy that will make your mouth water in an instant. Those who love chaat, can not defy this popular street food available across North India. Made with crispy puris, boiled potatoes, onions, tomatoes, yoghurt and sev, this easy-to-make snack recipe is loved by people of all age groups. You can buy the pani puris from the market or can also prepare them at home. These puris are stuffed with spicy potato filling and then topped with sweet and chilled curd along with chutneys. It can also be served at kitty parties, anniversaries and potlucks.
- 2 potato
- 2 green chillies
- 1/4 cup green chutney
- 1 handful chopped coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup yoghurt (curd)
- 20 gm paani puris
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup sev
- 3/4 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 small tomato
- 2 pinches salt
- Step 1…. Boil and mash the potatoes.
- To prepare this delicious chaat recipe, wash the potatoes and add them in a pressure cooker with enough water and close the lid. Put it over medium flame and boil the potatoes for 2-3 whistles. Once done, take them out and peel and mash them.
- Step 2….. Prepare the potato filling.
- To make the potato filling, in the bowl of mashed potatoes, add red chilli powder, cumin powder and chaat masala. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Step 3…. Whisk curd with sugar and salt
- Take another bowl and beat the curd with salt and sugar properly. Next, finely chop the onion, tomato and green chillies.
- Step 4 ….Fill the pani puri with potato filling and curd, and serve fresh
- Now, the time is for plating. Take a large plate and arrange all the puris and make a hole in the centre of each of them. Fill them with potato filling and chopped veggies. Top them up with the beaten curd mixture and lastly, garnish with the green chutney and sev on top. Enjoy fresh Dahi Puri Chaat.