The most favorite tea time snack across the country, Samosas are Indian snacks with delicious pockets of dough stuffed with a potato mixture and spices, deep fried. You cannot have a better snack option at home when unexpected guests arrive! This is easy and fuss-free, you can simply dish up some hot and piping samosas along with a cup of hot tea. An all time favorite tea time snack, samosa can also be prepared for a snack party with friends and family during special occasions or festival season.
Ingredients Of Punjabi Samosa
- 500 Gram Potatoes (peeled and chopped), boiled
- For the dough:
- 500 gram Maida (refined flour)
- 1/2 cup Ghee or oil
- 5 gram Ajwain
- For deep frying Oil
- For tempering:
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2-3 Green chillies
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup Green peas
- 2 tsp Chaat masala powder
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 2 tbsp Cashew nuts, chopped
How to Make Punjabi Samosa
- 1.Chop the green chillies, ginger and the coriander leaves.
- 2.Mix all the ingredients for the dough except water and rub thoroughly.
- 3.Sprinkle water and make a hard dough. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- 4.Divide the dough into round portions as per the size of the samosas required.
- 5.Heat the ghee and add cumin, when crackling add ginger and saute.
- 6.Add the rest of the ingredients excluding the final four and sauté for five minutes.
- 7.Mix in the rest of the ingredients, including the potatoes and mix well.
- 8.Roll each portion of dough into a thin oval shape cut into 2 semi-circles.
- 9.Take a semi-circle. Apply water on the straight edge of the semi-circle. Hold the semi-circle in your hand, fold the straight edge, bringing together the watered edges, seal the watered edges into a triangular pocket.
- 10.Stuff the potato mixture and then seal the upper edges.
- 11.Repeat with the rest.
- 12.Deep fry in oil till golden brown and serve