27 August, 2020
Spanish OmeletteComments : 2 Posted in : Snacks/Breakfast on by : Simmi Iyer
- 1 cup potato
- 1/2 cup capsicum (green pepper)
- 4 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt as required
- Step 1
- Chop the veggies and saute them.To prepare this exotic omelette, peel and chop the potato and onion. Next, wash the capsicum and coriander leaves and finely chop them. Heat a pan and pour 3 tbsp of cooking oil. Add chopped potato and saute for two minutes. Now, add chopped onion and saute for two more minutes. Add 1/2 tsp of salt and cook for 5-8 minutes until the colour changes to a golden brown.
- Step 2
- Add eggs to the veggies.Transfer the potato and onion mixture to a bowl and crack eggs in it. Then, add finely chopped capsicum, coriander leaves, salt and black pepper to taste. Mix well all the ingredients using a whisker. Cover with a lid for 15 minutes.
- Step 3
- Cook the egg mixture on medium flame.Heat another pan and pour the remaining oil in it. Add the whisked egg mixture to the pan and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Once cooked, cut the edges using a spatula.
- Step 4
- Cook on low flame and serve hot.Cover the top of the pan using a plate and flip it carefully to put it on the plate. Put the omelette back to the pan on the other side and cook for another four minutes in low flame and ready to serve.