1 September, 2020
Cabbage Besan FryPosted in : Veg/Non Veg on by : Simmi Iyer
Cabbage Besan Fry is an interesting twist to the bland flavour of the cabbage. With a blend of spices and besan, it tastes much like an evening snack with crunchy and soft texture. This is a perfect recipe if you want to cook something new using cabbage.
- 1 cup Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose)
- 3 tablespoons Gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 3 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- Salt , as required
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower Oil
- 3 tablespoons Water
How to make Cabbage Besan Fry Recipe
- To begin with Cabbage Besan Fry, firstly chop the cabbage into fine thin pieces and set them aside.
- Add the salt, chilli powder and ginger-garlic paste to the cabbage. Mix everything well.
- Add besan and coriander leaves to it and give it a stir. Add little water to the mixture and mix well so that the cabbage is coated with besan/chickpea powder.
- Next, heat oil in a widr pan and add the cabbage to it. Fry it well till the raw smell of the besan goes away.
- Once the besan starts to get into little chunks, cover the lid of the pan and let it cook covered for about 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, remove the lid and fry it on medium flame until the moisture leaves away.
- Serve Cabbage Besan Fry with dal, Steamed Rice and rotis for a perfect meal.