The Pistachio Cupcake Recipe is a delectable combination of fragrant spices, dry fruits and rose water that is very different from the regular cupcakes. Although it takes a little longer to prepare, these Pistachio Cupcake Recipe (with Eggless & Vegan options) are made with natural ingredients and are light and tasty, making them for perfect for festivals, or even a part of your kids lunch box.
- 200 grams All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 200 gram butter , or (120 ml canola or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup Milk , or almond milk
- 150 grams Caster Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 100 grams Pistachios , powdered
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 Lemon , juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Rose water
- 2 tablespoons Flax seed powder (flax meal)
- 6 tablespoons Chilled water
How to make Eggless Pistachio Cupcake Recipe-Vegan Options
- To begin making the Pistachio Cupcake recipe, we will first preheat the oven to 180 C and line the cupcake molds with the cupcake liners.
To make Flax Meal Egg Replacer
- If your recipe asks for 2 eggs, measure 2 tablespoons of flax meal along with 6 tablespoons of water. Stir well and let the mixture rest for about 15 minutes. This process of resting helps the flax meal mixture develop a gelatinous consistency similar to eggs.
To make The Batter
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking powder. I like to double sift it, so the flour is more fluffy.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of the stand mixer,beat in the butter, sugar and milk until light and fluffy. Gradually add in the eggs or the flax meal egg replacer and continue to beat.
- Once combined, add in the flour mixture, pistachios, rose water, lemon in that order and just beat enough so that all the ingredients are well combined.
- Spoon the cake batter into the lined cupcake cavities and bake them in a preheated oven at 180 C for 10-12 minutes until when a tester inserted comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow them to cool .
- Serve the Pistachio Cupcake Recipe as a quick snack for your kids and keep it light