Smoked Tofu And Grilled Vegetable Salad Recipe
Smoked Tofu And Grilled Vegetable Salad is a wholesome and healthy dinner salad recipe idea. Vegetables to be used in this salad can vary according to the taste and seasonal availability. This is a wonderful salad dressed with sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and garlic dressing. This salad is quite fulfilling and packed with the nutritional benefits of tofu and vegetables.
- 1 Broccoli , cut into florets
- 10 Button mushrooms , quartered
- 1/2 cup Green peas (Matar) , steamed
- 1 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , or yellow bell pepper, cut into wedges
- 1 Red onion , cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
- 200 grams Tofu , firmly packed, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sesame (Gingelly) Oil
- 1 inch Ginger , peeled and grated
- 1 clove Garlic , minced
How to make Smoked Tofu And Grilled Vegetable Salad Recipe
- To start making Smoked Tofu And Grilled Vegetable Salad Recipe, heat a teaspoon of oil in the grill pan on medium heat. Add the vegetables to the hot pan and stir-fry till vegetables are cooked and yet firm to touch. Turn off the heat. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and set aside while you smoke the tofu.
- To prepare the smoked tofu, gently press the tofu with a kitchen towel to remove the excess water or moisture content.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a pan, add the cut tofu and stir fry for a few seconds until warm. Turn the heat to low and allow the tofu to roast a bit. While it is roasting and we will proceed to prepare the coal.
- To smoke the tofu, we will need a few pieces of large coal. Place the coal on the flame and allow it to become red hot. Once you notice that the coal is red hot, place the hot coal on a heatproof small bowl. Place this bowl on the deep pan where you have kept the tofu, add a teaspoon of ghee over the hot coal. It will begin to start smoking. At this stage, cover the deep dish pan and allow the tofu to absorb the smoke flavors.
- Once the smoke has dissipated, turn off the heat on the tofu pan and the smoked tofu is ready to be served with the salad.
- To prepare the dressing for the salad, in a Salad mixing bowl whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ginger and garlic until well combined. Add the grilled vegetables and smoked tofu to this and stir well until everything is coated. Serve at room temperature.
- Serve Smoked Tofu And Grilled Vegetable Salad as an appetizer along with vegetable soup