13 September, 2020
Quinoa PorridgePosted in : Snacks/Breakfast on by : Simmi Iyer
If you are someone who is in love with quinoa, then you would surely love this porridge. This is an easy-to-make porridge recipe, which is extremely tasty and can be made with just a few ingredients. This porridge is a great choice for those who are vegan, as its made using almond milk. All you need is to boil the almond milk with quinoa flakes and some spices, and your porridge will be ready in 10 minutes. Packed with nutrients, this recipe is good for all the health freaks and can be enjoyed in breakfast as well. This is a low-calorie meal that you can also have in your dinner. Go ahead and try this simple recipe with your loved ones this weekend and watch them go for a second round!
- 3/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 prunes
- 2 cup almond milk
- 3/4 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered nutmeg
- 4 slices apple
- 1 handful blueberry
How to make Quinoa Porridge
- Step 1. Boil almond milk with quinoa flakes and spices.Place a pan over medium flame and add almond milk to it. Let it come to a boil and then add in the quinoa flakes in it. Keep stirring it to avoid lumps. Once it comes to another boil, add cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, nutmeg powder, ginger along with the chopped prunes and mix it well.
- Step 2. Simmer for 5 minutes and serve warm. Let the mixture become thick in consistency and keep stirring it. Once done, let it cool down and transfer in a small bowl. Serve it warm and top it up with apple slices and blueberries to enjoy!