14 September, 2020
Mexican CauliflowerPosted in : Veg/Non Veg on by : Simmi Iyer
Cauliflower Rice is basically cauliflower florets chopped into fine pieces that resemble rice grains. It is a healthy, high in fiber and low carb alternative to regular rice and can be used to make preparations in which rice is used.
- 1 small head cauliflower (approx 4 cups cauliflower rice)
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- pinch cayenne
- chopped avocado
- shredded chicken
- Cut the cauliflower into large chunks and place in a food processor. Pulse for 5 to 6 seconds until the cauliflower has broken down into small rice sized pieces.
- In a pan on medium heat, Sautee the onion and garlic in olive oil for 3 minutes until the onions soften. Add in the cauliflower rice, salt and chopped tomatoes, cover with a lid and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes until the cauliflower rice has begun to soften in texture.
- Add in the cumin, paprika, lime juice and cayenne. Continue to cook until the cauliflower becomes tender but not mushy. Stir in the chopped cilantro just before serving