Garlic Chutney is a delicious Indian accompaniment made using lots of garlic and dry red chilies. This fiery red chutney elevates the taste of any Indian meal. Here is how to make it
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Dry Red Chillies
- 1/2 cup Garlic cloves (Chopped)
- 2 tsp Ginger (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Amchoor powder / Dry Mango Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add dry red chillies and fry on low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Add garlic cloves in the oil and fry the until slightly browned.
- Add ginger and fry for another minute.
- Now add cumin seeds and cook for a minute.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the mixture cool.
- Grind the ingredients along with dry red chillies, amchoor powder and salt to make smooth paste.
- Add more oil to grind the chutney (I had to add 1/4 cup more)
- Store in a clean glass jar for up to a month in refrigerator.