- 12 nos baby potato
- 1 tsp red chillie powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds powder
- 1/4 tsp jeera powder
- 1 tbsp curd
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- a generous pinch turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- water as needed
To roast and grind:
- 1 no big onion
- 2 nos tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- a tiny piece ginger
- 6 nos cashews
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp whole pepper corns
- a small sprig of curry leaves
- Rinse small potatoes well to get rid of the mud smell.Then pressure cook for 3-4 whistles in medium flame.Peel of the skin and cut into halves. Set aside.
- Chop the veggies and get ready. In a pan add onion,tomato,ginger,garlic and saute until tomatoes turn slightly mushy. Finally add cashews.
- Cool down then transfer to a mixer jar.Grind it to a fine paste, Set aside. In a pan heat oil add pepper corns and curry leaves, let it splutter.
- Add the masala paste and cook for 2 mins.Then add red chilli powder, fennel seeds powder,garam masala powder and jeera powder.
- Add salt,pepper powder and turmeric powder. Mix well and cook.
- Add 1/4 cup to thin the gravy, let it boil for a good 5mins.
- Finally add cooked small potatoes and cook for a minute. Then add curd.
- Mix it then garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.Serve with nan, roti or chapath