A mildly spicy (or very spicy if you like) eggplant dish. Generally eggplant is not a dish anybody would relish or would love to eat. But I made this dish with a little twist, hope you like it !!
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 eggplant, unpeeled (approx 1.25 lbs)s Chinese eggplants, halved lengthwise and cut into 1 inch half moons
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 5 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Step 1. Heat the canola oil in a skillet over high heat. Cook and stir the eggplant until soft, about 4 minutes. Stir in the water, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder. Cover and simmer until all the water is absorbed. Meanwhile, mix sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, and oyster sauce in a bowl until sugar and cornstarch have dissolved. Stir sauce into the eggplant, making sure to evenly coat the eggplant. Cook until the sauce has thickened.