- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup canned water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Step 1.Combine broccoli and water in a glass bowl; steam in microwave oven until slightly tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 2.Heat peanut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Cook garlic in hot oil until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low; add chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and ginger root to the garlic. Bring the mixture to a boil and add the shrimp; cook and stir until the shrimp turn pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Toss steamed broccoli and water chestnuts with the shrimp mixture to coat with the sauce. Stir cornstarch into the mixture 1 tablespoon at a time until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.