So yummy !! you can definitely try this or substitute it with some other veggies of your choice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 cups non-fat cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 2. In a large pot over medium heat saute spinach, onion, oregano, basil and garlic in the olive oil. Pour in spaghetti sauce and water; simmer 20 minutes. In a large bowl mix cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and egg.
- Step 3. Place a small amount of sauce in the bottom of a lasagna pan. Place 4 uncooked noodles on top of sauce and top with layer of sauce. Add 4 more noodles and layer with 1/2 sauce and 1/2 cheese mixture, noodles and repeat until all is layered, finishing with sauce.
- Step 4. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven for 55 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.