11 October, 2020
Spinach, Chickpea and Potato CurryPosted in : Vegan / Gluten Free on by : Simmi Iyer
Try our lightly-spiced vegan curry for a wholesome midweek meal for four. Make the most of store cupboard ingredients such as chickpeas and chopped tomatoes in this flavorsome dish
Make our spinach, chickpea and potato curry recipe for a comforting vegan dinner.
- onion 1, chopped
- garlic 3 cloves, chopped
- ginger a thumb-sized piece, chopped
- green chilli 1, chopped
- vegetable oil 1 tbsp
- ground cumin 1 tsp
- ground coriander 1 tsp
- ground turmeric 1 tsp
- chopped tomatoes 400g tin
- Charlotte potatoes 400g, cut into chunks
- chickpeas 400g tin, drained and rinsed
- spinach 100g, chopped
- lemon ½, juiced
- garam masala 1 tsp
- naans to serve
- STEP 1. Put the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and 3 tbsp of water into a blender or food processor, and whizz until completely smooth.
- STEP 2. Heat the vegetable oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan, carefully add the onion purée and cook for 10 minutes until reduced and golden. Add the spices and cook for 2 minutes, then tip in the chopped tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- STEP 3. Season and add the potatoes and chickpeas along with 1⁄2 a tin of water and simmer for 30 minutes until thickened and the potatoes have cooked through. Add the spinach and cook for a few minutes to wilt.
- STEP 4. Stir in the lemon juice and garam masala, and serve with naans.