This creamy coconut and peanut aubergine curry is vegetarian, under 300 calories and ready in just 30 minutes, making it the perfect comforting meal to make midweek
- oil for frying
- aubergines 2, cut into large chunks
- onions 2, chopped
- garlic 2 cloves, crushed
- ginger a 5cm piece, finely grated
- cumin seeds 1 tsp
- coriander seeds 1 tsp, crushed
- turmeric 1 tsp
- chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- half-fat coconut milk 400ml
- tamarind paste 1 tbsp
- peanut butter 1 tbsp
- coriander or breads or rice to serve
- STEP 1.Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Cook the aubergine in batches until golden and soft. Add another tbsp of oil if you need to. Scoop out once they are done.
- STEP 2. Add the onion to the same pan and cook until soft and golden. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a minute. Add the spices and cook for 2 minutes.
- STEP 3. Tip in the coconut milk, tamarind and peanut butter. Simmer gently until the peanut butter dissolves. Add the aubergine back and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir through some coriander and serve with bread or rice.