This spiced paneer with chilli green lentils recipe is vegetarian, easy to make and ready in just 30 minutes – perfect for midweek meal
- green lentils 75g
- vegetable stock 500ml
- onion 1 small, grated
- ginger a thumb-sized piece, peeled and chopped
- red chilli 1, finely chopped
- turmeric 1/2 tsp, plus a pinch extra
- garam masala 1 tsp, plus extra for the paneer
- coriander a small bunch, chopped
- paneer 230g block, cut into wedges or cubes
- groundnut or sunflower oil
- naan bread to serve
- STEP 1. Put the first 7 ingredients in a pan and bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender. Drain or boil off any excess liquid, then stir in most of the coriander.
- STEP 2. Toss the paneer with some oil, seasoning and a little more turmeric and garam masala and fry in a non-stick frying pan until golden. Spoon the lentils onto plates, top with the paneer and remaining coriander and serve with naan bread.