13 October, 2020
Creamy Salmon PastaPosted in : Pasta on by : Simmi Iyer
You can’t go wrong with salmon, pasta and a great big dollop of crème fraîche. Make our high protein, low salt midweek dinner in a matter of 20 minutes
- salmon 2 fillets
- rigatoni or penne 160g
- parmesan 25g, finely grated
- low-fat crème fraîche 4 tbsp
- lemon 1, zested and ½ juiced
- black peppercorns ground to make ½ tsp
- flat-leaf parsley a small bunch, finely chopped
- STEP 1. Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Put the salmon fillets skin-side down on a baking-paper-lined tray, season well and put into the oven for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- STEP 2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions until al dente, then drain, reserving some of the pasta water.
- STEP 3. In a small bowl, mix together the parmesan, crème fraîche, lemon zest and juice, black pepper, three-quarters of the parsley and some seasoning.
- STEP 4. Tip the pasta back into the pan with the sauce from the bowl and toss to combine, adding a splash of pasta water to create a sauce.
- STEP 5. Divide between two bowls, flake over the salmon and top with the remaining parsley.