This is a quick and easy recipe to make Basil Pesto Pasta. It’s a fresh tasting pasta dish filled with good quality ingredients. If you are looking for an easy weeknight meal or lunch ideas then just give this recipe a try.
- 70g | 2 cups of Basil Leaves
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 35g | ¼ Cup of Toasted Pine Nuts
- 60ml | ¼ Cup of Olive Oil
- 50g | ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt + Pepper
- 500g | 1lbs Angel Hair Pasta
- Place the garlic cloves, basil leaves, toasted pine nuts, and olive oil into a food processor.
- Blend until everything is well combined.
- Grate the parmesan cheese and either mix in by hand or place into the food processor and blend again.
- Set the basil pesto to the side while cooking the pasta.
- Bring a saucepan full of water to the boil, season with a few pinches of salt.
- Place the pasta into the water and cook until al dente. Reserve a cup of the starchy cooking water before straining the pasta.
- Mix in half of the basil pesto with a small amount of the starchy cooking water. Toss together. Add the remaining basil pesto and toss until everything is well combined.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese and garnish with basil leaves.