This Classic French Toast recipe is easy and delicious to make, perfect for breakfast or brunch on the weekend. Serve it easy and simple with just maple syrup or make it a delicious brunch with berries and whipped cream!
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk see notes
- 2 tsp Sugar optional
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon optional
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence optional
- 8 Slices Bread see notes
- Butter for frying
- Whisk the eggs and milk (sugar, cinnamon and vanilla if using) together until well combined.
- Heat a medium sized fry pan over medium heat and add half a teaspoon of butter.
- Dip two bread slices in the egg mixture for 30 seconds before flipping over for another 30 seconds.
- Place the bread slices in the frypan and cook for 5 minutes each side over medium to medium low heat. Check every few minutes to make sure the French toast isn’t burning.
- To check the toast is ready press in the center and if it springs back its cooked through. Repeat with remaining bread slices before serving with maple syrup.