Smokey and flavorful, baingan ka bharta is an Indian delicacy (also a loved recipe of the Mediterranean region) that takes minimum effort to cook.
- 1 large eggplant (baingan)
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized tomato, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
How To Prepare
- Place the eggplant on the gas burner and roast it. You can also steam it.
- Use a knife to peel the skin.
- Mash the eggplant with the back of a fork.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add in the chopped onion and let it fry for 2 minutes over medium flame.
- Add the tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add green chilies, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, and Kashmiri red chili powder. Cook for a minute.
- Add in the mashed eggplant and salt. Combine everything.
- Cook for one more minute.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of ghee on top and garnish with cilantro.