A simple and delicious chicken dish that is best served with hot, steaming rice. Can be served as a dry dish too if desired.
Chicken Legs – 4, skinless (You can also use chicken breasts)
Onions – 100 gms, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 tsp, peeled, finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tblsp
Curry Leaves – few
Oil – 100 ml
Salt as per taste
For the masala:
Ginger – 2 tsp, peeled, finely chopped
Shallots (Sambar Onions) – 2 tsp, finely chopped
Coconut – 4 tsp, grated
Black Peppercorns – 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 3 to 4 tsp
Saunf – 1 tsp
1. Add a little water to the masala ingredients and grind to a smooth paste.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Saute the onions for 2 minutes.
4. Add the curry leaves and ginger. Reduce flame to low.
5. Cook for 30 to 60 seconds.
6. Add red chilli powder and salt.
7. Stir well.
8. Add the chicken and the ground masala.
9. Pour 750 to 800 ml of water.
10. Stir well and simmer until the chicken is cooked and coated nicely with the masala.
11. Remove and serve with rice.