1 November, 2020
Tandoori PomfretPosted in : Fish/Seafood on by : Simmi Iyer
- 2 Whole Pomfret cleaned and washed
- 3/4 cup Plain Yogurt
- 3 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 3 tsp Cream
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
- 2 tblsp Gram Flour
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tblsp Butter
- Lemon Wedges
How to make Tandoori Pomfret
- Make incisions on the both sides of the fish.
- Mix the lemon juice, ginger garlic paste and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Rub this all over the fish and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Mix the yogurt, cream, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium flame.
- Add the ajwain and gram flour. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add turmeric powder and add this to the yogurt mixture.
- Mix well.
- Rub this all over the fish.
- Place the marinated fish on a plate and cover the plate with cling film (plastic wrap) and keep it in the fridge for 45 to 60 minutes to marinate.
- Place the marinated fish on a greased baking tray lined with a sheet.
- Place it in a preheated oven at 175C/350F for 10 minutes.
- Remove and baste it with butter.
- Cook until the fish has a crispy and golden crust.
- Remove and serve hot with lemon wedges.