A coconut halwa can be made from freshly grated coconut or dried coconut pieces. It contains coconut milk, nuts like cashews, almonds, pistachios, etc. which gives it a unique flavor and taste.
Ingredients for Coconut Halwa
- 1 1/4 cups Coconut Milk thick
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Coconut grated
- 2 tblsp Butter unsalted
- handful Almonds slivered, to garnish
- handful Pistachios slivered, to garnish
How to make Coconut Halwa
- Heat a pan over moderate flame.
- Pour coconut milk and milk together.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add sugar and grated coconut.
- Keep stirring till it solidifies.
- Add butter, stir and remove from heat.
- Spread on a flat greased plate and allow to cool.
- Garnish with slivered almonds and pistachios if desired.
- Before it cools completely cut into desired shapes (squares or rectangle).