Crabs are a seafood delicacy and can be made in a plethora of ways. In most of the Indian and Western cuisines, the crab is cooked with its shell on. Crab meat get toxic very soon. So, it is essential to either cook a live crab or store it on ice until you are ready to cook it
- Crab – 500 g
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tbsp
- Fresh Coconut – 1 cup loosely packed, grated
- Fennel Seeds – 2 tbsp.
- Sun-Dried Black Seasoning Ball – 1/2 ball
- Salt to Taste
- Curry Leaves – Few
- Oil – 6-7 tbsp
- Water – as required
- Clean the crab thoroughly and separate the meat from shell.
- Grind the grated coconut and fennel seeds to a smooth paste.
- To a pan, heat 6 tbsp of oil in a medium flame.
- Add the sun-dried seasoning ball and allow it to pop up.
- Add the cleaned crab pieces and mix.
- Add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, grounded coconut paste and required salt.
- Pour in a little water and allow it to boil till the gravy thickens and the crab is cooked well.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.