Rajma Sundal is a healthy South Indian evening snack. Rajma or Red Kidney Beans is a popular bean variety rich in protein, fiber, iron and other essential nutrients.
Sundals are usually made as an evening snack or during Navratri festival as offering to the daily poojas. They are then offered to the guests and neighbors as snacks.
Ingredients for Rajma Sundal
- 2 cup Rajma (Red Kidney Beans)
- 2 tsp Ginger grated
- 3 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tblsp Coconut grated
- little Mustard Seeds
- few Curry Leaves
- as per taste Salt
- as required Oil
- 3 tsp Carrot grated (optional)
How to make Rajma Sundal
- Pressure cook the rajma with little salt until tender.
- Heat little oil in a pan.
- Fry the mustard seeds, curry leaves, ginger, green chillies, coconut and carrot for a minute.
- Add cumin powder and cooked rajma.
- Stir to mix well.
- Remove and serve at once.