9 November, 2020
Posted in : Sweet/Dessert on by : Simmi Iyer
Ingredients for Badam Halwa
- 1 cup Almonds (Badam)
- 3 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Ghee
- 1 tblsp Cashew nuts
- a large pinch Kesari Powder
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- little Saffron Strands for garnish
How to make Badam Halwa
- Soak the almonds for an hour and peel.
- Grind to a smooth paste with milk.
- Add a little water and mix well, ensuring no lumps remain.
- Heat little ghee in pan.
- Fry the cashew nuts for a minute and remove.
- Add water to sugar and bring to a boil till it reaches a one string consistency.
- Reduce flame and add the almond paste.
- Keep stirring regularly.
- Add the remaining ghee slowly and stir.
- Add kesari powder and mix well.
- When the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan and the texture is smooth, remove from flame.
- Add cardamom powder and mix.
- Garnish with cashew nuts and saffron strands.