10 November, 2020
Chicken SaagPosted in : Veg/Non Veg on by : Simmi Iyer
Packed with fresh red chillies, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cloves and spinach, all for less than 350 calories – this chicken and lentil curry recipe shows you can eat your favorite takeaway dishes without compromising on flavor
- red chillies 2, seeded
- garlic 2 cloves
- ginger 4cm piece, peeled
- onion 1, chopped
- ground cumin 1 tsp of each
- ground coriander 1 tsp of each
- garam masala 1 tsp of each
- turmeric ½ tsp
- cloves 4
- skinless chicken breast 4, cut into large dice
- red split lentils 150g
- chopped tomatoes 400g tin
- spinach 260g
- rotis 4 small, warmed to serve
- STEP 1. Put the chillies, garlic, ginger and onion in a small blender and blend to a paste. Heat 1 tsp oil in a large pan and fry the paste for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- STEP 2. Add the spices and cook for another minute. Add the chicken pieces and coat in the spices. Cook for 5 minutes before adding the lentils and chopped tomatoes with along with 1½ tins of water.
- STEP 3. Simmer for 25 minutes, season, then tip in the spinach and stir until wilted. Serve with rotis.