24 November, 2020
Broken Corn Idli
Posted in : Snacks/Breakfast on by : Simmi Iyer
Broken corn idli recipe an instant way to make your breakfast.As this instant corn idli needs no soaking and grinding it is very easy to make especially for breakfast and dinner when you are looking for quick fixes.
- 1 and 1/2 cups broken corn
- 1 and 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/8 tsp soda
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- 1/4 tsp split urad dal
- I got fine corn rava this is it. To a mixing bowl add corn rava.
- It was so fine, just like our white rava.Add thick buttermilk to it.
- Mix well, the consistency will be runny.
- Keep covered for 5 mins.Then add salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Heat oil and add the items listed under to temper. Now the mixture is a bit thick.
- Now add the tempering and mix well.
- Grease your idli plates with oil, take a laddle full of the batter and pour into the mould.
- Steam cook for 10 mins or until a spoon or inserted inserted into the idlis comes out clean with sticking.Then its done.Switch off.Remove the idli plates, dip a spoon in water.
- Using the spoon remove the idlis.Transfer to hot box.
- Serve hot with your favorite chutney!