24 November, 2020
Carrot Beans ThoranPosted in : Veg/Non Veg on by : Simmi Iyer
Carrot beans thoran recipe a kerala style stir fry with the combination of carrot and beans. A quick and easy Kerala special side dish for rice with coconut oil flavor, tastes soo good.
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped finely
- 1/2 cup beans chopped finely
- 5 nos small onion sliced
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp urad dal
- 1 no red chilli broken
- few curry leaves
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- 1 small green chilli
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- To a mixer jar add all the ingredients listed under ‘to grind’ to a coarse mixture without adding water.Heat coconut oil – add mustard seeds let it splutter, then add urad dal,red chilli and curry leaves.Let it splutter.
- Add onion saute till it becomes transparent.Then add carrot,beans and required salt.
- Saute for 2 mins.Cook covered until the veggies turn soft.No need to add water the moisture is enough for the veggies to get cooked.Stir in between and cook covered.
- Check if the veggies are done.Add coconut moisture give a saute and cook for 2 mins and switch off.
- Serve with rice and sambar.