26 November, 2020
Samosa ChatPosted in : Snacks/Breakfast on by : Simmi Iyer
Samosa Chaat is a classic Indian street food typically consumed as an evening snack. Cooked samosas are crumbled and mixed with chickpeas, spices, assortment of chutneys, garnished with coriander leaves, sev and pomegranate seeds.
It is a delicious and lip-smacking dish that is very popular in North India
Ingredients for Samosa Chaat
For making the Chole:
- 1 cup Chickpeas soaked and boiled
- 3 tsp Oil – 3 tsp
- 3/4 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Past
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 tsp Green Chili Paste
- 1 tsp Chole Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Amchur (Dried Mango Powder)
- as per taste Salt as per taste
- 2 Samosas
- 2 tblsp Sweet Tamarind Chutney
- 1 tblsp Green Chutney
- 2 tblsp Red Garlic Chutney
- 2 tblsp Onions finely chopped
- 2 tblsp Sev
- handful Coriander Leaves finely chopped
How to make Samosa Chaat
- To make the chole, heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium flame.
- Saute the ginger and garlic paste for 10 seconds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- Add the chole masala, green chilli paste, black salt, amchur, red chilli powder and regular salt.
- Add 1 to 2 tbsp of water and mix well.
- Cook for a minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked chickpeas and 3 to 4 tbsp of water.
- Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Switch off the flame when cooked.
- To make the samosa chaat, roughly break 1 samosa into small pieces and keep it in a serving bowl.
- Add some of the cooked chole over it.
- Add little of sweet tamarind chutney, green chutney, red garlic chutney, onions and sev.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve at once.