Pineapple Pachadi is a soothing South Indian style side dishes that is technically a chutney but had like a curry. The word ‘Pachadi’ means pounded. And, this pachadi is sure to give a great punch of traditional Kerala cuisine to your taste buds. Refer my recipe and try it out super soon! Here is how to make it.
- ▢2 cups Pineapple (Cut into small pieces)
- ▢1 tsp Salt
- ▢1 cup Water
- ▢½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ▢½ cup Fresh Coconut (Grated)
- ▢1 Green Chilli (Chopped)
- ▢½ inch Ginger (Chopped)
- ▢½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ▢½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ▢4-5 cloves Garlic
- ▢2 tbsp Jaggery (Crushed)
- ▢½ cup Yogurt (Whisked)
- ▢1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- ▢1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- ▢15-20 Curry Leaves
- ▢3-4 Dry Red Chillies
- Add pineapple, salt, turmeric powder and water in a pan and cook for 20 -25 minutes, until pineapple is cooked.
- Add coconut, green chilli, ginger, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and garlic in a blender and grind to make a smooth paste.
- Use little water if required to make the paste.
- Add it in the pan along with pineapple and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add jaggery and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and let cool.
- Once the pineapple is cooled, add whisked yogurt and mix well.
For the tadka
- Heat coconut oil in a small pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and dry red chilies.
- Fry for a few seconds.
- Pour the tadka over the pineapple pachadi.
- Serve with steamed rice, rasam and sambhar.